Tom and Jerry: Defenders of All Things Right and Good

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

More News from Notre Dame

Reported by the American Papist.


Let me make one thing clear.  The fact that new Dean of the ND Law school supports Democrats does not bother me one bit.   The fact that she supports pro-abortion Catholic politicians really does.  I would be just as concerned if she supported Rudy Guiliani or Governor Arnold.

I am not going to jump to conclusions about her views on Catholic morals.  I cannot make that determination based on her political contributions.  However, this does raise some red flags.

The Notre Dame Law School has a reputation for Catholic Orthodoxy.  Let us hope it continues under the new leadership.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Unbieliveable! I am saddened for this great university and for all of us.
    AC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:51:00 AM  

  • This to me is the most important front in the battle for Notre Dame's Catholic identity: the hiring of faculty and selection of department heads. This is why I got involved with the Sycamore Trust, as this is a prime focus of the organization.

    I'm thinking about making a letter to Father Jenkins a monthly thing, in which I would challenge him, and challenge him to challenge others, on some course of action or other that would enhance the school's Catholic identity. I've got a few ideas, ya know....

    By Blogger Jerry, at Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:00:00 AM  

  • TG, I am very saddened by this turn of events. my prayers are with all of you! I know how very close to your heart this is.

    love you!

    Anne

    By Blogger Annie, at Thursday, April 02, 2009 11:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home