Tom and Jerry: Defenders of All Things Right and Good

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Request For Prayers

Please include Tom and I in your prayers during the next couple of days: Tom for safe travel and myself for my surgery tomorrow.

Tom's wedding was wonderful, and I'm sure he'll blog about it when he returns.

I'll resume blogging next week. It was great to meet some of our readers (i.e. Tom's relatives and friends) at Tom's wedding.

For those who made it to Ash Wednesday mass today, what would you say your ash mark most resembles?:

____ Cross

____ Highway Underpass Diagram

____ Smudge

____ Rorschach Test


For the first time in years, I have what resembles a cross on my forehead. I have been careful not to touch my forehead all day, and will likely take a picture of it when I get home, so that I may fondly remember this miraculous event.

5 Comments:

  • Jerry, I missed seeing you at the wedding since I could not attend. It hurt.
    At the risk of sounding like an 'ole aunt' which I am, It is not...Tom and I...it is Tom and me. In other words, pray for me not pray for I. Yikes, I hope I haven't lost a friend. This 'I' business is one of my pet peeves.
    I enjoy your commentaries very much otherwise and look forward to reading them. You are very witty.
    AC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:08:00 AM  

  • Count on my prayers!
    AC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:09:00 AM  

  • I'll go with the highway underpass, lol

    and of course you are ALL in my prayers!

    God Bless!

    <3Anne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, February 07, 2008 10:26:00 AM  

  • AC -

    Grammar has never been my strong suit. Feel free to point out any mistakes I make....I don't mind.

    Jerry

    By Blogger Jerry, at Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:18:00 AM  

  • In Italy, they sprinkle the ashed over the top of your head. So I got some holy dandruff this Ash Wednesday. But the mass was celebrated by Pope Benedict XVI. :)

    By Blogger Tom, at Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home