Tom and Jerry: Defenders of All Things Right and Good

Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Light is Still On

Last night, I took advantage of the Archdiocese of Washington's "The Light is on for You" program. I had the joy of receiving the sacrament of reconciliation at St. Patrick's, a beautiful church in downtown D.C. Tomorrow's morning prayer from the Liturgy of the Hours spoke to my repentant heart:

Lord,
grant us your forgiveness,
and set us free from our enslavement to sin.

We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever.

1 Comments:

  • TG

    That was my church when I was working downtown and I LOVED IT! Not only is it beautiful...it had a community feel and the noon masses were packed with people participating in the responses and songs. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of the service.

    Kim

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, March 29, 2007 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home