Tom and Jerry: Defenders of All Things Right and Good

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Reason number 4,726 I like Notre Dame: Reason 324 I like Charlie Weis

I just had to pleasure of watching a short video documentary aired during the Notre Dame half time show.  It tells the story of Charlie's 13 year old daughter Hannah who suffers from global developmental delay.  


Charlie loves his daughter and decided to do something to help her and others like her. So in 2003, he and his wife founded Hannah & Friends which calls itself a "nonprofit organization improving the quality of life for children and adults with special needs."

Their latest project is to build a farm outside of South Bend, IN to serve as a loving community for young adults with special needs. Hannah and people like her will have special place to live and thrive.

I think that is a great idea, so I just donated $100. If all of our readers do the same, then we could raise $400 or so. What do you say?

In any event, this video tells Hannah's story much better than I did:


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home