Tom and Jerry: Defenders of All Things Right and Good

Monday, April 30, 2007

Silence for LGBT

Julie and Justine started a lively discussion on their blog. Some students at their catholic all-girls school chose not to speak for a day in solidarity with LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered) people.

By the way, have you ever noticed that when a cause gets more politically correct, the name describing it expands? "Queer" is now considered a slur and the longer "homosexual" apparently does not cover all of the bases.

Anyhow, Justine and Julie teed up such a good discussion that they followed it up with another post. Simply put, they opposed disrupting the educational process of a catholic school to protest a lifestyle the catholic church deems sinful.

I'll put in my two cents later, but I wanted to let you know that I'm proud of my cousin.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home